New project location and bodywork part 4

Well, this is the stage of the build that’s a bit depressing and humbling at the same time. Per a post I made several months ago, it’s at this point in the build that we announced we would not be attending GRM this year. My father in law had a sudden passing and I ended up having some medical issues of my own that needed attention. All this mounting up in August meant there would be no way to complete the car with enough time to get it to Florida. In the absence of my father in law, my mother in law was gracious enough to let me move the RX3 into one of the buildings that was used to storage for my father in law’s business. In trade, I’m helping to clean everything up and just be around the house when or if needed. My father in law enjoyed cars and always supported my hobby. The rest of the build is in part thanks to him.

I cleaned out an area of the building to make a temporary paint booth, brought the car over and wet sanded and scuffed up the whole car. Took the remaining parts off the body, like taillights, doors, bumpers, etc that would be painted separately. Doesn’t the car look good wet, lol…

In the final prep, I discovered we were actually going to returning the car to a color it’d had already been: white. The tailights show a long history of repairs and respray!

Now the car is ready for sealer…

Comments are closed.